Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pretend Play - Post Office

With all the excitement from the Holidays of sending and receiving cards, it only seemed the natural next step to make our own Post Office.

I covered a smallish box with blue and white construction paper. Little Mister decorated the sides with all kinds of things that 'carry mail' (i.e. trucks, trains, planes, boats...)!
We used our abundance of Christmas stickers as stamps.
To add a little language learning to this play time, I added names on the front of each envelop. We mailed the letter N to Nonnie and the letter G to Granny and so on.
We delivered the mail with Zoo trucks and a Larry-copter. 
The fun is endless!

Enjoy the Play!



Featured/Seen at:
True Aim Education

12 comments:

  1. How fun! I feel that it's hard to find pretend play that isn't geared towards girls, or even stuff that's gender neutral.
    This little post office is great, I'll have to make one up for my boys sometime soon!
    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post office play is too much fun, we made one once too, must revisit it some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another activity of yours that I love and that I know my 3 year-old would love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mail box came out great! And what a fun idea for a play activity, I bet my girls would love to play post office! Thanks for sharing on We Made That

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! My kids love writing and delivering mail too. I bet your little guy will love valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Featuring you this week! I love this activity. Great for beginning writers too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to give this a try. My 2 year old would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely well-written article.Keep sharing like this article.
    For web design & development service contact Multisoft digital technologies, They have
    Web Development in Dollars Colony

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifull post,Thanks for sharing.
    The best astrological services contact. Vashikaran Astrologer in Rajamahal Guttahalli

    ReplyDelete