Sunday, September 30, 2012

Respect for God's House


Our church is rather big so the ladies rotate throughout the month for cleaning schedules. Myself and one other clean the fellowship hall on the first Saturday of each month. I always take Little Mister along. I want him to see that we must take care of God's house. It is a place to be reverenced and should be properly maintained and kept clean. While the grown-ups are taking out trash and moving any clutter, he usually pushes around the empty mop bucket and scouts out spots on the floor. He loves to point out a "mess"! I let him wipe little fingerprints off windows and he thinks it's great! No matter what, he is praised as a good helper.

I know when you are at church 3 or more times a week, it has the potential of getting a kind-of commonplace feel. But, I believe we need to teach our children to r-e-s-p-e-c-t the house of God and not treat it like a playground! No running, climbing or the such. My Granny had very, shall we say STRONG, opinions on the subject and made sure I knew all about them too. For some, I suppose, this may sound extremely old fashioned. What can I say? I am a product of my up-bringing and I want to teach my son that same respect. Not only for church but for himself and others!




5 comments:

  1. So true. I think there are a lot of people who don't respect His house. We only go three times a month, but I am teaching the Beanie Babies to behave and treat church like our home. DON'T MESS IT UP!

    Check out my Mommy blog at:
    www.dawnsdisaster.blogspot.com
    Visit anytime!
    {All follows are returned}
    Come play on Sundays @
    Super Sunday Sync!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great information to say the least. I really do appreciate everything so much from this great website.
    visit our website
    Vashikaran Astrologer in Banashankari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the useful post.
    Matrimony Services in Mysore foremost trusted Marriage Bureau in Mysore has very best number of Verified Profiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this excellent post
    Visit our website for best astrological services contact. Vashikaran Astrologer in Lingarajapuram

    ReplyDelete