Sunday, September 2, 2012

Rainbows and God's Promises

With all the rain we've had lately from hurricane Isaac, this seems rather timely.
A sponge, some paint and a cute boy!


We read parts of Genesis 6-9. In 2 year old terms: people were ugly and God was unhappy so he caused it to rain for a long time. Noah took animals on his boat because the water got so deep. Because God loves us, he promised to never make it rain so long again. To remind us of his goodness and mercy, he put a beautiful rainbow in the sky!

A Few More of God's Promises:
  1. Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. -Proverbs 22:6
  2. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. - Jeremiah 29:11
  3.  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. - Matthew 11:28-29
  4. But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. -Philippians 4:19
  5. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:37-39
  6. But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil. - Proverbs 1:33
  7.  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27



5 comments:

  1. I love how you are taking scripture and doing crafts to go along with it. What a great idea to help kids put it into their "terms". Thanks so much for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday. We hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you put God's promise into two year old terms! So sweet!
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! Looks like you had lots of fun!
    xoxo
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great hands on activity to learn about God's Love. I really like how you made a rainbow on the sponge for him. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice work Buddy! Keep it up! I know that God will blessed you more and more :)

    calvaryoakville

    ReplyDelete