Friday, September 14, 2012

Pennies from Heaven

Those of you who have been stopping by my blog know that my sister Penny passed away last week on Sept 8th after a long battle with cancer. She had just celebrated her 50th birthday just days before.

Today, in her honor, Little Mister and I placed 50 brightly painted lucky pennies randomly throughout town. We hope that the new owners of these found "lucky pennies" will embrace my sisters zest for life! She was truly a colorful character and will be missed everyday.

(We painted our pennies with bright colored fingernail polish and swirled them with toothpicks.)




We were honored to be interviewed for our town's newspaper! Several businesses have permanently glues their found pennies down as a memorial. I am very touched by the supportive response we have received!


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss, but what a great way to remember her and spread the joy of her life. I also hope the people who find them will embrace the joy of life! Thanks so much for sharing on the We Made That Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss! But I love the way you honored her memory - what a clever and memorable thing to do with your kids! HUGS!!!!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of you to share your sister's memory with so many others. I would adore to pick up such a beautiful penny. Thanks so much for linking up to Tip Toe Thru Tuesday. I hope we see you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to honor your sister. I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete