Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dominoes, Paper and Play-Doh, Oh My!

First of all, I want to thank so many of y'all for your kind words of support as my family tries to mend itself from our recent loss. We are coming up on the two week mark and I still feel I am walking in a fog. I stay exhausted physically and mentally but, I still plod on trying to get a little normalcy back into our lives.

We are having a rough time getting back into a routine after the passing of my sister. I have sadly slacked on a few educational aspects of late which made itself known in our review time today! So, we are making a full turn around and going back to some name review activities.

I cut some felt pieces and grabbed some fabric paint to make our dominoes. I only used letters from his first name for our game.
For the large letter R, I tore small pieces from some paint sample cards we had left over and handed Little Mister a glue stick.
Finally, we pulled out the Play-Doh and shaped some letters.





12 comments:

  1. Great idea! You have a lucky little boy. Thanks for visiting me and commenting at OneCreativeMommy.com. I'd love it if you linked up some of your great ideas at One Creative Weekend on my site. The party is open Fridays-Wednesdays every week. Hope to see you there!

    I'm a new facebook follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny. i believe just as you were leaving this comment i was on your site! =0)

      Delete
  2. This is such a great idea! I love fun games that also teach! Thanks for sharing on the We Made That Linky!
    And please don't be so hard on your self you need time to heal, loosing a sister can not be easy take the time you need and we will be here when are ready! BIG HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words as we try to get back in the swing of things around here!

      Delete
  3. the letter dominoes are brilliant! great way to learn and practice letter recognition. thanks so much for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! I appreciate the kind comments as we try to get back to some form of normal!

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family!

    What a creative idea to make the letter dominoes! Thank you for linking up this week to my Enchanted Thursdays Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie. I really like the domino idea. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have such fun activities. I love your letter dominoes!!
    Those turned out really cute! I love it!
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what great ideas!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete