Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Bag of Mississippi

We recently ran across a site that you should know about!

image
We applied and were finally approved. Yesterday we received the information on our adopted soldier. It's a boy!!
I am so excited about this opportunity to teach my son to be appreciative of the ones who serve this great country and sacrifice so much for the freedom of others!

We were instructed not to share too much information but we can say he is somewhere in Afghanistan and he hails from Oklahoma.


We packed our first box today. His initial information states that he is in a remote area and has little access to purchase items like snacks, entertainment and hygiene products. So, we bought some items and filled a box. Little Mister picked out the finger bowling game and insisted we buy it for "the box"! I hope our soldier has a good sense of humor!
When I told him that the box was going far, far away, he asked if there were trees???
Umm, I have to admit I'm not so sure but don't think so. Apparently this would not do! So, he wanted to send some. I told him the box may be a little small for a tree. The next thing I know we were outside gathering the next best things... leaves, dirt, rocks, sticks, acorns and who knows what else.
Our box will be carrying a small bag of Mississippi over 7,800 miles away!




We appreciate our soldiers for all of their (and their families) sacrifice! 
May God protect them!


17 comments:

  1. That is a great idea to teach appreciation and doing nice things for others. Thanks for sharing on Artsy Play Wednesday on Capri + 3.

    : 0 ) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I think it will be a really nice touch that your adopted soldier will appreciate, especially if you mention it was the tiny guy's idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and a way to support those who serve. My hubs is in the Military and I know he would just love to get a special box! Thanks so much for sharing on the We Made That Linkky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and let me say Thank You to you and your family! I can't imagine the sacrifices that y'all face! God Bless.
      Julie

      Delete
  4. This is such a great idea! I love that you got your lil' guy involved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea and life lesson that you are teaching! Thank youf ro linking up to my Enchanted Thursdays Blog Hop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard about this. A very important lesson to teach your boy. You are always doing so many exciting things with him. What a great mama! I am doing a post next month about Giving Back as a Family. It is a link up challenge. I would love for you to link this up to that. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to share this on my facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/trueaimeducation/posts/534930803199562

      Delete
    2. Also Featuring you this week!

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing at "Moms with a Mission"! That is a great idea and I'm going to look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good post,keep posting this.
    if anyone is looking for more astrological services
    Best Astrologer in Chikkaballapur

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post is just outstanding! thanks for such a post,its really going great.
    For Astrology Solution
    Best Astrologer in Rajarajeshwari Nagar

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! you explore this topic in a very effective way.
    For Airport Taxi Bangalore.Contact us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! you explore this topic in a very effective way.
    AC Repair in Bangalore has been providing AC Installation,AC repair,AC service center,Split/Window Air Conditioner services to homes and offices.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice Blog. Thanks for Sharing!!! Wonderful blog & good post. It’s really helpful for me, waiting for a more new post. Keep Blogging!
    Visit Vashikaran Astrologer in Rajarajeshwari Nagar.

    ReplyDelete