Saturday, June 30, 2012

Croc Garden

Simply decided to make an outside garden that Little Mister was able to water, tend and watch grow.
 Our last few times going to the creek, we have found several lone Crocs. Now I know why I picked them up and brought them home. (I think my husband gets embarrassed... until he sees the outcome! He has learned not to ask questions anymore ... HeeHee!) In my book, any time I get to use a power tool, I'm in.

Objective- Awareness of living and non-living things (MS Early Learning Guidelines for Infants and Toddlers: Scientific Development 3.1.1)

Materials- old crocs several small plants, potting soil, cordless drill and screws

Procedure-
1. Buy several small plants and potting soil.
2. Use your own old Croc or buy them from a thrift store (or luck out like we did and find one here and there left at the creek).
3. Attach them to a surface outside. We screwed them to our front porch banister.
4. Fill with dirt and add your plants!
5. Water and watch grow!

I made sure to place them low enough to the floor that Little Mister could water them! He loves it and has to sniff them every time we go in or out the front door!





2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing valuable information
    Gowda Matrimony in Bangalore is south India’s leading marriage bureau / brokers in bangalore.Our team will help to find their life partner.

    ReplyDelete